How to recover data on WD external drive

I can no longer open my external hard drive. Does WD have a facility for accessing the HD and transfering that data to another device or cloud?

Sure, I understand how frustrating it can be when you’re unable to access your external hard drive. Let’s try a few things to retrieve data from a hard drive:

1. First, double-check all the connections and make sure everything is securely plugged in. Sometimes a loose cable can be the culprit. Second reasons can be if Your hard disk or external hard drive could be suffering from insufficient power.
  2. Secondly When you have backed up your PC hard drive before data loss by using File History, you can use the File History backup drive to restore your deleted files. For an external hard drive, File History won’t work. In such a case, a clone of the external hard drive, a backup of important files to yet another external hard drive, or a data recovery software can help retrieve your lost data from the external hard drive.
  3. If you have synced your important folders on your PC hard drive to OneDrive, the proprietary cloud storage drive from Microsoft, you can use your OneDrive account to access your synced data from anywhere, anytime by using the Internet.
  4. Lastly you can try some data recovery software like Stellar. This can help you retrieve data from your internal or external hard drive that is subjected to deletion, formatting, corruption, or software failure.

Remember to avoid using the drive too much until we figure this out. This can prevent any further damage or data loss. Let’s take it one step at a time and hopefully, we can get your data back soon. If you have any questions or need further help, feel free to ask!