How to programme in advance to skip certain parts of the movie

Dear friends , 

I need to know if there some way that I can programme the wd hub in advance to skip certain parts of the moviea that I think are inappropriatepoor my kid to watch 

Thanks in advance 

Nope…

Really? How would any device know what parts you deem unsuitable for your children? Movie ratings apply to the entire movie, not just parts of it. That’s the best you can do as far as knowing in advance if something is suitable for kids. Even parental controls only work on an entire movie or TV show, not just parts of them.

No you cannot programme the hub. You would have to re-edit the movie before playing.

By using a kind of xml file with the times (begin, end) os those parts.

But if you make an XML file to edit out certain parts that won’t work either. Some videos might have an intro, some might have that intro cut out. Then that throws off the timing. Believe me, I’d love an XML file that only shows me the dirty stuff.

Don’t see where’s the problem.

An XML file per movie/version of the movie.

If it’s doable with subtitles why not with this kind of fast forward.

Sure, it’s possible, but not at all practical…Likelihood of something like this being added as a feature is pretty remote…

yuppicide wrote:

But if you make an XML file to edit out certain parts that won’t work either. Some videos might have an intro, some might have that intro cut out. Then that throws off the timing. Believe me, I’d love an XML file that only shows me the dirty stuff.

Awesome!  Laughed my butt off.