How to move from RAID 1 to RAID 0

I just bought a 4T “My book studio dual-drive storage” system but unfortunately when configuring it for Windows I have changed the setting from RAID 0 (pre-configuration) to RAID 1 and cannot move back to RAID 0.

I used the RAID manager to change the RAID configuration but the the RAID 0 configuration is impossible to enable (remain always in light gray color). How to come back to RAIDO to benefit for the full 4T memory. Right now due to RAID1 configuration I cannot enjoy full memory space  but only 2T ( I do not care the mimoring function). Thanks to hlep.

Since there’s been no replies, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Having the same problem as described here, on a My book 4T.   Switched it to compare speed and cannot switch it back due to a greyed out option.   Windows 7 w firewire connection.

have you tried reformatting?  maybe the sw is trying to prevent you from losing all your data, which will happen in switching raid level.

I have the same problem, but formating didn’t help…The Hd is brand new, i have no data in it… but instead of 4 tb i have only 2 tb. I thought the problem is, that i have installed under xp, and i  formated the hd… now i have installed windows 7 but till doesnt see the whole disk, just 2 tb.

Called WD support and found out the issue was the 2TB drive size limit of XP 32bit.  I had to run the WD Raid Manager tool on a Win7 machine to change it back to raid 0 (for 4tb total usable).  Vista or XP 64bit I think would also work.  And of course USB not eSata.