How to manage multiple storage devices?

Hi all,
I had one of the older cloud storage devices which I now use as a local device.
If I purchase a new cloud storage solution, how would be best to mange these two devices as far as them both requiring to be connect to the router using an ethernet cable? My old device cannot be connected to my PC using a USB cable unfortunately.
I don’t really need the cloud option, so I could leave the old device as a local device, and purchase a new one which will connect to my PC.
Any suggestions most welcome.
Thank you .

@Stuart777

I have this setup. My old device is on my local network and has a static address assigned, internet and cloud access are off.

My OS5 WDMYCLOUD is still on the internet and has cloud access.

Both have their own IP address and Dashboard.

Hi cat0w,
Many thanks for your advice.
Can I ask how the older device on my local network would have a ‘static address’ assigned?
It works fine at the moment and I’m sure I can set up the new device, it’s just is foresee problems when I try to get both of them working at the same time.
Thanks.

Two NAS units can live happily together on a single network.

All they need are ethernet cables connected to the router; distinct IP address, and a unique device name (they can’t be both called “MyCloud”).

Technically, if you use DHCP (the default); it should all work out; but many people find it good to address the devices based upon the IP address. . . . .so in this case you want to assign IP addresses to the NAS boxes (because DHCP addresses can change over time).

While there is an option in the NAS software to grab a fixed IP address, it is cleaner to assign the IP address from the router. The process is straight forward; but varies by router manufacturer.