One of my clients has a PC for retro-computing stuff (configuration:
- AMD Sempron 2800+ 2GHz socket 462,
- 2GB ddr333 cl2.5;
- mainboard Asrock K7VT4A Pro, VIA KT400A chipset, southbridge VIA8237 (with the latest BIOS version)
- Windows XP with slipstreamed SATA drivers included
- What jumpers configuration should we use in order to make the velociraptor WD1600HLFS work on this configuration?
- Are any other things we should consider so that the drive appears in the BIOS?
- the drive is used without an IceCube adapter;
- the drive works on other more recent BIOSes/PCs;
- the client’s previous Raptor drive was/is working ok on the same configuration … but I’m not a connoisseur on how Raptors use to work)
- some forums claim issues between VIA8237 and Velociraptors, but others claim that the 160GB drive works with this chipset (I had a look on wikipedia and there it seems there are also 2 drives (gen3 and gen5) which have the same size)