How to make shares show up in WEB UI?

I restored my system from complete brick state downloading into /dev/mem from a tftp server from the uart to access console of barebox and then running  it in single user mode and issuing the mountDataVolume.sh and then copying the update.deb into the CacheVolume and running the updateFirmwareFromFile.sh to a working state apart from the fact that existing shares which are showing fine in SMB/CIFS and NFS but they are not showing up in the WEB UI / Shares

the /etc/trustees file is there and seems ok .

What needs to be done to make them show up in WEB UI ? 

I have  BLUE LED

system is running fine

I have UART access to barebox / linux shell

I have access from SSH too.

As mentioned in the other thread, try factory restore (system only)…

Just re-add them to the UI as if they were new shares.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Just re-add them to the UI as if they were new shares.

Tried this did not work

Nazar78 wrote:

As mentioned in the other thread, try factory restore (system only)…

That is why I did inititially so why doing it a second time would change anything ?

These shares are stored in orion.db

shares are not stored in orion.db.

orion is just the WD Photos index.

this sounds like the same issue I am having. I have 2 shares that I created through the user interface about the same time I was having V4 FW issues.

these 2 shares do exist on disk and are visable, including files with an SSH connection, they also are accessabile through Windows file explorer. They are not available from the UI or MyCloud apps and re-creation fails since they already exist

I will be digging more when i get time unless someone else has a solution

So where are the information that show up in the WEB UI stored then ?

and which script added them ?

yes exactly the same problem.

and because they are not showing in the WEB UI dlna server etc… are not seeing them

hence why i think the Orion DB contains shares that are to be shown on the WEB UI etc…

the reason for this is that the only share that I created after restore is showing up in this database

and shows in the webUI

stream:/usr/local/nas/orion# sqlite3 orion.db

SQLite version 3.8.0.2 2013-09-03 17:11:13

Enter “.help” for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with a “;”

sqlite> .tables

AlbumAccess

Albums

UserShareAccess

Volumes

AlbumItems

DeviceUsers

UserShares

sqlite> select * from UserShares;

Administratif1|admin|Administratif|false|none|false|false||false|||2014-08-01 14:39:02||Administratif1

and the other shares existing are not showing

I will try to insert my shares into this database and see what gives

I just deleted the entire Orion DB.

It didn’t affect the web UI at all.  

After restarting the Cloud, the Orion DB rebuilt itself.

larryg0 wrote:

this sounds like the same issue I am having. I have 2 shares that I created through the user interface about the same time I was having V4 FW issues.

these 2 shares do exist on disk and are visable, including files with an SSH connection, they also are accessabile through Windows file explorer. They are not available from the UI or MyCloud apps and re-creation fails since they already exist

I will be digging more when i get time unless someone else has a solution

I found how to fix it.

you need to reinsert the shares in orion.db

in the table UserShares and it works.

Then you might need to redo your permissions on each shares if they are not what you want.

here is sample session of that

sqlite> INSERT INTO UserShares VALUES(‘Movies’,‘admin’,‘Movies’,‘false’,‘none’,‘false’,‘false’,NULL,‘false’,NULL,NULL,‘2014-08-01 14:39:02’,NULL,‘Movies’);

you can update etc… all from script I wrote a script that automatically readds all my shares

Forget all I just said —

The WD Photos DB name on this platform is ‘wdphotos.db’  – my old scripts that I wrote last year need to be updated.  :dizzy_face:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Forget all I just said —

The WD Photos DB name on this platform is ‘wdphotos.db’  – my old scripts that I wrote last year need to be updated.  :dizzy_face:

No worries, that is also why beiing an IRC channel would be useful.

did you fixed it ? i have the same issue :-(