How to load Subtitles to VIDEO_TS folders in WD Live

I have some DVDs I made myself that I added subtitles in TMPGE Authoring Works  for those movies. Part of the problems the Live has with DVDs is that it can’t read those subs.

I managed to extract the subs in  .sub format, so I can use them in the live. The question is: How do I load those subs for the VIDEO_TS folder? Since there are 6 .vob movie files, how should I name the sub or where should I place it?

This wouldn’t be a problem if I could load any subtitle from the Live.

I hope I don’t have to merge all these VOB for each movie I have…

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, you can’t have it both ways.   

If you’re using VIDEO_TS folders, the LIVE isn’t even going to look for .sub files.

When properly authored and placed into VIDEO_TS the LIVE will display the internal subs from the VOB files.

Techflaws wrote:

When properly authored and placed into VIDEO_TS the LIVE will display the internal subs from the VOB files.

The fact is that  these DVDs are properly authored and they work just fine in other media players and in the PC and in the Mac, so if the Live is not loading their subs, then it is a problem with the Live.

Would it be a workaround to merge the VOBs for each movie in one file and name them (.vob and .sub) accordingly?

Going back to your orginal vobs with sutitles as made the TMPG. How are you playing these files?

Have you tried pressing play on the VIDEO_TS folder?

That’s how I do it, hit play on the Video_ts folder, but the Live says that there are no subs to load. The same DVDs work fine in older players like the inoi hard disk media player.