How to get storage ready to sell?

I am selling my 2tb cloud so that i can upgrade to the 4tb. I am selling it to a friend of mine and he wants to keep some of the songs and movies that I have on it. Is there a way to change the password and email or whatever i need to do to get this device more personalized for him and all my logins away from it? Even if I can’t give it to him with the movies and music on it I would like to know how I can switch everything over from my email and password to his? Thank you.

Hello,

On this case you can do a factory restore on the device, under utilities, you can see ht factory restore option, you can do a quick or full factory restore. Keep in mind this will erase the data on the device, but since you will be selling it this is the best procedure you can do so you do not leave any setting on the drive. Here is a link that might help you out:

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=10433

Can’t he just do a system restore and data stays intact?

Thanks armak but I’m with Mike is there anyway to save the data and still get everything switched over to him? If there’s no other way then fine but I’m curious

just make a system restore. It will keep your data except from users, login and such

Ok thanks jorn

Hey armak you posted the system restore for my cloud but I need it for my book live 2tb. Can u post it for that system. I can’t find it.

See the My Book Live User Manual which explains how to reset or restore the My Book Live. See page 69, Chapter 7, Configuring Basic Settings Factory Restore from the user manual. The option to restore is under the Utilities > Factory Restore section. From page 125, Chapter 13, Troubleshooting of that user manual…

Resetting the My Book Live
If you have set a password or a static IP address on the My Book Live dash board and have forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. Resetting does not erase your files. Follow the instructions below to reset the device using the reset button:

1. With the device powered on, insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the reset button slot on the back of the unit:
  2. Press and hold down the reset button for four seconds. The device reboots (this may take up to three minutes).

Wow that’s a lot of info. Thanks Benor!!!