How to get access to my nas server

Dear All, i’ve just bought my HD TV live and now i can also use my iphone as a remote after installing the new firmware. Now i’m trying to get access to my nas server but it does not work: WD can find the nas, but asks for a user id and a pw which i have not set. Finally i get no access to the folders. How can i remove the user-pw requirement? Thanks Alvin75

alvin75 wrote:

How can i remove the user-pw requirement?

Just stay with the defaults:  Anonymous and a blank password.

Unfortunately it does not work… the name of the group is the same… i’ve also tried to put as a user the name of a sharing, but in vain :confounded:

Can you access the NAS in Windows or on a Mac? When all else fails, how do you configure the NAS? There should be an option to set the username and password somewhere on it. If you still have trouble, post what make/model of nas it is and there may be someone with the same one who can help.

I’ll ask a daft question of the original poster, just in case…

Did you select a Windows or Linux share. If you selected Linux because that is the OS running on the NAS, but the disks were formatted as ‘Windows’ because that’s how you access them from your PC that may be the issue.

First time I started up the WDTV and it prompted me for NAS access, I tried to be ‘too clever’ and specified a Linux share. :flushed:

alvin75 wrote:

Dear All, i’ve just bought my HD TV live and now i can also use my iphone as a remote after installing the new firmware. Now i’m trying to get access to my nas server but it does not work: WD can find the nas, but asks for a user id and a pw which i have not set. Finally i get no access to the folders. How can i remove the user-pw requirement? Thanks Alvin75

Have you tried using an account name that’s on the NAS with a blank password, I saw that worked in one of the other threads.

When the WD ask you for a user/pass delete username anonymous completely so it is blank and password but there still will be asterisk for password.

I’ve already tried all these solutions, but in vain… i’m going to give up… :frowning: