How to delete 2nd Volume created on WD NAS EX4100 by me (instead of expanding storage in already setup RAID 5 )

Previously I had 3x 4 TB and 1x 2 TB drives in RAID 5 on my WD NAS EX4100. (yeah 2 TB was a mistake)

I replaced the single 2 TB with a 4 TB hard disk. RAID rebuild went fine. While tinkering around, I unintentionally created a Volume_2 in spanning mode, instead of expanding the existing RAID 5. Now I cannot find a way to delete the spanning Volume_2 and then expand RAID 5’s storage.

Do not want to delete all the data and set up shares/users again. What should I do.

My Cloud OS5 isn’t designed to do what you want to do. It may be possible to do it manually via SSH using Linux commands, but there are risks involved. Do you have backups?

We use this NAS for backups, which can be recreated. I was hoping to avoid Linux for the same reasons you mentioned. After deleting via Linux, will I be able to expand the existing RAID 5’s storage without formatting?

In that case, the easiest move would be to simply start from scratch. Things can get complicated in a hurry, and one wrong move can easily make everything worse.

Agreed, thank you as always for your support.