How to decrypt a WD MyBook drive after its removed from the enclosure?

@thomas_kaeding Reading all these forums it seems you are not only the Jedi of rescuing the data from an HD removed from an encrypted WD enclosure, but also a saint of a human! Can I please contact you for assitance or guidance? I have a 4TB drive (x2) that I cannot mount with any Dock or sled that I have tried.

I also happen to have a 3TB WD30EZRS that wont mount, which I am confused since it wasnt even a RAID or NAS! Just a normal WD external.

Any contact would be so appreciated!

I have read in some forums about the WD MyBook/MyPassport decryption. But almost nothing about data recovery on the WD Elements. I am new to this and very little knowledge in programming, but I have a good friend who will help me if I ask. I have tried to find similar USB PCB/Controllers on eBay, but to no avail. The drive is rarely used and was working properly on the last day of use. The white light does not turn on on the PCB. I have important personal information.
Here is the closest thing to what happens to me.
Does anyone know how to recover the data from the disk? Does anyone have any ideas?

Details:
WD Elements 5TB
WDBWLG0050HBK-04
SATA PCB: 2060-800001-002 Rev P1
USB PCB/Controller: 4060-705149-301 Rev AD (Chip ASmedia ASM-105-1W)

pics: HDD WD 5Tb - Google Drive

@thomas_kaeding, Do you have any experience with this chip?

great thanks to this forum. I had a 12+ year old mybook i rarely use but store some important data. I made a mistake by not backing up before shucking and it turns out it was encrypted. I followed thomas kaeding’s guide which was pretty good. I was not able to decrypt but the loop device worked. I did time out, but all you have to do is redo steps and you can get back to it. also, be sure to connect directly to your computer via sata or a different external enclosure; not the original one, onto ubuntu or other linux distro. My MBR was infact corrupted when I inserted it directly into my PC via SATA after shucking. Thanks again!

Hello, I have a damaged 1TB MyBook that I’d like to recover family photos from. Can someone walk me through this process? I assume by reading a few posts that I will need a Linux OS? I have some spare PC’s and I think I may have a Linux OS on one of them. Does it matter what version? I dont know much about Linux My father built these machines before he passed away. thank you