How to copy 946 files, 648 MB to the User Private space and share or delete in 40 seconds

A lot of My Cloud Home users seem to be struggling with copying and deleting a large number of small files to the My Cloud Home shareable user private space (online share) because of the filesystem that WD uses. One way around that is to just install Teracopy (free) and 7-zip (free) and set Teracopy 7-zip compression option to -mx0, from there you just copy and paste folders within Windows Explorer - you can’t do this with the built in zip explorer and copier in Windows because they are too slow. The following gif shows how that process can be done quite quickly. There is essentially no good reason to store tens of thousands of small and unorganzied files in the My Cloud Home if you can help it, so a zip or 7z container that has no compression (password optional) seems to be the most optimal solution. Categorize your folders by date or topic and then periodically create zip containers of your folders onto your MCH and 80% of your backup job is done. The other 20% is for you to make other copies of backup of the MCH onto USB and other cloud storage. There are also many zip container browsers and mounting software that will allow you to browse zip containers as if they are regular folders under Windows Explorer.

Winexplorer_ShareMCH1s_648M