How to backup a new computer in the same volume folder

Hello,

Could any of you help me please?

I have already backed up my files in 2 volume folder in my WD Essential and I recently changed my computer (new Laptop) and moved about of 80% data from the previous HDD to the new Laptop.

I’ve installed WD SmartWare on the new Laptop and noted that when I come to backup the files created in the new laptop, there’s now a new Volume folder in the WD SmartWare.swstor directory. The name of my previous computer is exactly the same name of the new one: BRSPRCLAVIJO, however the WD created differents Volume names, and now I have 3 volume folders.

In WDSmartWare the Backup tab it says Files Not Backed Up. But I know that at least 80% of the files are already backed up in the other volume folder.

Is it possibly to configure the WD to backup the files in the same volume folder previously created? Then I will avoid to duplicate files? Can I choose the volume folder the WD software will backup?

How do I stop the WS software duplicating the backup/files?

Thank you very much!

Hi there,

This wont be possible since the volume name goes with the computer name. This means that, the software will make a volume for each computer.