So I have the WD TV SMP all hooked up and mostly working well. I can see all my HomeShared files on my PC. Plays both .avi and .mp4 almost perfectly. Has slight (1/2 sec freeze on video occasionally…another issue on another post). And I can stream audio and pictures from iPad / iPhone to TV using various Apple apps like WDTVMedia HD, ZappoTV HD, Twonky Beam, MediaConnect.
My problem / question is this: I’ve read a bunch of posts on streaming issues from WD TV to iPad / iPhone.
But my problem is that I cannot stream videos (TV shows and movies) “FROM” either iPhone and iPad “TO” TV. In fact, i cannot even SEE these video files listed when i go into the various Apple apps. But I can see all my pictures (.jpg) and audio music (.mp3) files listed, but not my audio book (.mp3) files or video (.mp4) files in the various Apple apps.
- How can I stream video (TV shows or movies are all .mp4) files from iPad to TV?
- Am I missing some setting somewhere?
- Is it the naming convention of my videos “ShowName_S##E##_TitleOfEpisode.mp4” or movies “Movie_Name_year.,
mp4” an issue?
- Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.
Btw, some background tech info:
- All my files are synced through iTunes to iPad/iPhone if that’s relevant. Have iPhone 4 (iOS 5.1.1, untethered jail broken), and iPad Mini iOS 6.0.2 (obviously not jail broken).
- WD TV Live SMP, firmware rolled back to 1.09.10. When i updated to latest firmware, it caused serious 10-20-30 sec video freezing when streaming from PC (most of my videos are .avi or .mp4 on the PC)
EDIT - all my tv shows on the iPad / iPhone are “grouped” under the Show Name and Season. But the movies are not grouped.