How i can transfer my HDDs PR4100 to Synology 923+

Id like to move my HDDs in my PR4100 to a new synology 923+, how can i do? Tnks a lot

Create backups, then move the hard drives. It can’t be done without backups.

1 Like

I’m trying to make the backup using the elephant available on app my cloud, however, the transfer suddenly stops and My cloud needs to be restarted for the download to resume! Is there any other efficient way to make this backup?

[image]

Yes, it is important, it took me a while to respond because I was traveling in another country, as there was no way to try to run the backup, now that I came back from my trip, I started doing what you told me and I came across this problem.

I even tried to do it manually, but as there are 5TB, mainly photos and videos, it is impossible to manage so much, because eventually an error would appear.

I manage more than 40TB of data, plus backups. Manging a mere 5TB should be simple.

Exactly what are you doing? Nobody can read minds, so it helps to explain your situation, in great detail.

When I try to do it manually (copying and pasting), at some point it appears that some files cannot be copied and in other attempts, the upload was not started, done manually. I was trying to do it for Dropbox, as it wasn’t working, I signed up for elephant to try to use the integration it has with the pr4100, but it ended up uploading but it hangs all the time, making it necessary to restart my cloud.

Dropbox and Elephant Drive are apps and services. I meant copy locally from one physical media type to another physical media type. Thus, moving files from one LOCAL hard drive, to another LOCAL hard drive.

1 Like

I understand friend, unfortunately I don’t have enough HDD to copy these files, I’ll see if I can buy an external HD to do this then! Thank you for your help!