How does one register HGST HDDs? Buyer's remorse is setting in!

I bought 6 HGST Deskstar NAS 6TB HDDs and cannot locate how to register them. I found their warranty validation and RMA submission page (which is a joke compared to the WD site - one S/N at a time???). Now that I’ve navigated the HGST web support I’m definitely getting nervous. I figured that HGST, now owned by WD, would have similar support practices to WD.

1 Like

I also need help with this. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Brian

I’ve been told that HGST approaches warranty differently from WD. If a HGST disk fails you notify them and provide basic details (model/serial number) and they will THEN determine whether their warranty applies to you. That means that you have to keep your original receipt (good luck if it is on thermal paper with poor initial readability) in case they challenge eligibility. I haven’t checked back since posting to determine whether WD has imposed any uniformity – especially since the HGST approach s u c k s.

if teh receipt is on thermal paper you can put in a scanner and save the picture

or make a copy its not a problem…

at least thats what i do

I had an HGST drive fail recently, I supplied HGST the receipts as requested (luckily the online site keeps copies of my purchases) but after 5 phone calls in a span of 2 weeks, I still do not have any responses.

Initially it was supposed to be 2 business days but now I am very nervous and keep getting the same response that this will be escalated to the relevant department… this has been escalated to a higher level… just lip service and over 12 days is absolutely becoming a joke to say the least.

Seagate seems to have better RMA’s now and I think WD just doesn’t care about HGST customers anymore than their own. Not sure where to go from here as I spent alot of money on getting the best HGST drives but now it’s failed with very little use and the warranty support ticket keeps saying it’s answered/resolved but I am not getting any RMA numbers to send my defective drive back.

Hi. Just bought two HGST 10TB Drives. Drives seem to be working OK. Crystal Disk Info shows no errors. Looking to REGISTER these drives. When I try to register these drives on WD Support
https://support-en.wd.com/app/account/assets/product-registration
I get the response: Please correct the following error(s): No results found.

Proof of Purchase = No File Chosen
I uploaded the Amazon.com Order pdf and the scanned Fedex Receipt from the seller