How Do I start My Book Live after I shut it down?

So, I shut down my book live–and now I can’t figure out how to restart it so that I can access the files on the drive!!  HELP!  Pretty sure it’s pretty basic–but I am totally stumped!!

Just unplug the power plug and plug it back in.

Well, that almost worked! I had to take it a couple of steps further though, and then it did!!  Unplugged all connections, and restarted my computer…back in business! Thank you–I knew it was probably an easy fix!!

I had the exact same issue, why do they not add in the funtionality to start up the hard drive just like we can shut down? Should be a simple thing to add to the next firmware release instead of getting us to unplug and plug in the power to start up the device again.

sammy_sid wrote:

I had the exact same issue, why do they not add in the funtionality to start up the hard drive just like we can shut down? Should be a simple thing to add to the next firmware release instead of getting us to unplug and plug in the power to start up the device again.

If the NAS is fully off, then how are you going to send the command to turn it on if you can’t even access the dashboard? :manwink:

The only solution would be to redesign the MBL with a power button.

… or redesign it with a Wake-On-Lan facility.  :smiley:

Interesting question…  Is the current version of the MBL hardware capable of Wake-On-Lan?  Just needs to be enabled?

1 Like