How do i recover a deleted user(+data) from wd mycloud home?

Hi Community,

I accidentally deleted an account from mycloud home which had lots of shared folders. Now I cannot seem to access them not even the Family folder. I can see the space is still occupied space in the HD but I could not find any way to access those files and folders. I even created the same email account, it shows the storage taken size which is correct but there are not files or folders in the account. Can someone please help me? Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Sanam

You probably got the answer by now if you searched the knowledge base, but for other readers, there is no official way of doing this however the shared folders should still be accessible.
Existing users on the My Cloud Home will still have access to the content in the shared folder.
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16468/kw/home%20create%20users

Hi tekram,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have gone through all the documentations. Yes it says shared folder should be available, but I cannot even get the Family folder. It seems there is no official way to do it but I am ready to take any other way to achieve it. Do you suggest any other solution?

Regards

There seems to be at least two threads on unsupported and somewhat tortuous ways to recover data from the Linux partitions of the MCH: