How do I get my Passport Ultra to back up

My Passport hasn’t backed up for 10 days.

I have it set for continuous backup.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software and it still doesn’t work.  The diagnostic states that everything is working fine.

When I turn on my computer, the Passport lights up and the light runs continuous for several minutes (slowing my computer - so I know it’s doing something), yet there is no back up.

Since the Passport isn’t backing up automatically, how do I back up manually.  I haven’t found any function that allows me to do this.

I have looked through the forum and have seen that several people have the same issue, but I don’t see any positive results.

How do I get my Passport to work?  It worked 10 days ago.

I was finally able to back up my files to my passport by dragging and dropping.  I have to search and open up my folders that have the files I had added or modified, then dropped them into the Passport folder.

A little inconvenient.

How do I get them to back up automatically?

Is there an easier way to back up manually so my Passport does most of the work - and so I don’t miss any files that need to be backed up?

DavidMc wrote:

I was finally able to back up my files to my passport by dragging and dropping.  I have to search and open up my folders that have the files I had added or modified, then dropped them into the Passport folder.

What you did on this case was a manual backup without the WD Smartware and it will show on the backup software as aditionall files.

Did you set any frecuency for the backup?

See page 43 of the user manual for instrucions

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705057.pdf

I am having the same issue. Like DavidMc, I have mine set on continuous so why would I need to set a frequency for backup? It doesn’t appear to even be possible to have both continuous and a frequency. Mine claims to be backing up, but it is missing many folders/files that are checked to be backed up.