How do I connect my Comcast DVR and the player with HDMI?

Hi,

I just got the Media Player and I’m trying to connect it.  According to the instructions, you connect the HDMI cable from the player to an HDMI “in” on a cable DVR, like this from the instructions:

1. Plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI connector on the media player.
  2. Plug the opposite end into the HDMI In port on your A/V receiver.

I have Comcast and one of their DVRs hooked up to my TV’s HDMI connection.  However, I don’t see an HDMI “in” on the DVR.  I understand there are other ways to connect the player to the TV, but it doesn’t look like they would be of HD quality.

How would I connect the player so I can have it and Comcast, ideally with the highest quality?  If that’s not possible, how would I do it with the best available quality?

Thanks,

Steve

steveb52 wrote:

Hi,

I just got the Media Player and I’m trying to connect it.  According to the instructions, you connect the HDMI cable from the player to an HDMI “in” on a cable DVR, like this from the instructions:

1. Plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI connector on the media player.
  2. Plug the opposite end into the HDMI In port on your A/V receiver.

I have Comcast and one of their DVRs hooked up to my TV’s HDMI connection.  However, I don’t see an HDMI “in” on the DVR.  I understand there are other ways to connect the player to the TV, but it doesn’t look like they would be of HD quality.

How would I connect the player so I can have it and Comcast, ideally with the highest quality?  If that’s not possible, how would I do it with the best available quality?

Thanks,

Steve

If you have no input on your box then you simply plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI socket on your TV. If you only have one input on your TV then I assume that you will have to buy some form of HDMI switching box.

You can’t plug these into DVRs.   An A/V Receiver is not a DVR (I can see how the term might be confusing.)   

An A/V receiver is the “center” of your home theater system; where all the video and audio sources connect and are selected for viewing.

Most TV’s have multiple HDMI and/or component inputs.  

Component will be HD, as well.  The WDTV Live comes with Component cables, so if you have one of those inputs available, then you’re all set.