How do I access the Apps like Iplayer?

I have just connected up my WD Play to my router with an Ethernet cable but cannot access any of the Apps.  Can someone please explain in detail what butons I need to press on the remote to access the Apps like Iplayer?

Thanks

Go to the little “bell” icon on the top of the screen and press OK.

When I turn it on there are 3 icons in the top right of the screen: An icon of a media player which when selected just shows how much space is used up for Apps, the Alerts icon and the Setup icon.  When I press the home button on the remote it brings up a menu on the left margin of the screen: My Favourites, Videos, Internet, Music etc.

I have tried selecting every icon but nothing appears on screen and there is no ‘bell’ icon anywhere.

Just to confirm, this is a WD Play and I have checked the internet connection in Setup and it has green ticks on everything.

I would really appreciate some help here as this was a Christmas present for my dad.

Thanks

Out of interest where did you get the player from?

Can you post some photos?

I have tried turning it off and on again a couple of times but the Apps still didn’t appear so I tried turning it off at the socket also and guess what?..It worked.

The Apps all appeared when I turned it on again.  As ever with hardware issues the number one solution: ye olde turn it off and turn it on again seems to have worked.