How can I reopen a support request?

I reported a bug to WD support in April. After several weeks of sending emails backwards and forwards I got this response on the 28th April.

“Our engineering team has verified the issue and is currently investigating the root cause of the issue. If engineering is able to duplicate the issue and determine the root cause of the problem any fix would likely come in the form of a firmware update. Engineering does not provide a schedule as to when a firmware release will occur or what features may be fixed or added.”

The bug still has not been fixed, so I checked back and read “This incident cannot be reopened or updated. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question by clicking the Ask A Question tab.”

Is there any way to reopen this incident and followup or do I really have to start all over again and repeat all of the information again?

badmem, if the Support incident is closed, then you will have to open a new one. However, you can reference your previous Incident Number on the new Support Request to indicate the previous Support Session. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,