How can I password protect a connected MBL Duo device when using the new "My Cloud" desktop app

I just tried the new “My Cloud” desktop app on my Mac. I have no trouble getting connected (either by using an access code provided by my MBL Duo or entering share password). But once the connection is made there is no protection. Anyone who can get onto my Mac can then get onto my MBL Duo without any further security at any subsequent time. How can I set a password to protect the connection? Without any further protection the app is more than worthless for safe access away from home (i.e. in the cloud). Yes, I can disconnect to be protected, but then I can’t re-connect when away from home. What’s the point? The “My Cloud” app on my iPad DOES allow for setting a code for subsequent access, which protects the connection. Why not on the desktop app?  

Hi, once you map the private share, it is meant to work like a regular local share. Currently the option you mention is not available, but you can try making the suggestion in the ideas section. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/idb-p/cloud_idea

dpkline wrote:

The “My Cloud” app on my iPad DOES allow for setting a code for subsequent access

It does?   Where?