How can I backup an external hard drive onto another external hard drive?

So, basically I have one smaller external hard drive, where I store all my downloaded movies and I have a larger one, where I make backups of my computer’s data. Now I would like to backup the data on the smaller hard drive on the larger hard drive, while still backing up my computer on the larger one. How could I make this happen?

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Hello Tyranotgar,

You can use WD Backup software to create backup of one WD drive to the another, unless both the hard drives are supported by WD Backup software. Second option is to manually drag-drop or copy-paste the content. Refer to the following articles for more information.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6342

Hi Neo!

Thank you very much for your reply! Will absolutely look into those options, I also looked into Carbon Copy Cloner as an alternative.

Thanks again!

I am an Apple user; I have 2 “My Passport for Mac” drives that are 4TB each; I would like to store some videos and files on one drive, and have it automatically backup to the second drive.

Note: I use a different drive for my Apple TimeMachine. I am also using Monterey.

I just want to be able to have a “backup” for one of my “My Passport for Mac” so if one fails, I have a back for it.

Is there any way to have this automated? So when I add files to one of the “My Passport for Mac” it automatically backs ups to the other?

Thanks