How can I access the information? My Cloud Duo

Good morning.

I turn to you in case you knew and could give us a solution to the problem we are now encountering with WD’s My Cloud drives.

We have a “My Cloud Duo” model which has 2 hard drives of 2TB each.
The big problem and that is making us very upset is that we have a lot of information in them about our daughter and really important and necessary data for our day-to-day tasks.

Since yesterday we have not been able to log in to the website to be able to access them and we are afraid that we have completely lost them.

Could you tell me how to get them out and dispose of them?

Unless you previously enabled local access from the dashboard, your only option from the time being is to extract the hdd and access the files in a computer and copy them over.
But i suppose you configured raid on them, i don’t know if that would work with raid.

Yesterday we removed the two hard drives from the case but when connecting them to the computers (MacOS & Windows 10) the drives were not visible. We were unable to get into them to extract the data. We do not know if we have to do something for it because we have no knowledge.
We thought that plugging them in via USB would work (with its SATA connector) but it is not.

There are youtube videos on how to install an app to allow windows to access the linux based file structure.

This whole experience is ridiculous.

1 Like

Have you any link for watch and use to restore data?

I totally agree with you: the situation is totally absurd.