How are you deleting movie folders from you smp?

I have the SMP with a 2tb hard drive attached via USB.  Media library is turned on.

My movies are each in a separate folder with VOB structure.

If I delete the folder using the SMP delete function, sometimes it deletes the contents of the folder, but not the folder itself, so I end up with an empy folder.  Other times, it doesn’t delete anything.  Still other times, it does the delete, but doesn’t update the media listing so I still see the movie listed, but there is nothing to play.

I have also tried deleting the folder from File Explorer on my desktop PC.  That always deletes the folder and its contents, but many times the movies will still be listed in the SMP’s media list.

I find all of this inconsistent and have to resort to restarting the SMP, and sometimes I have to eject the hard drive to get everything synched up again.

Is there something I am missing  that would make deletes work properly?

Thanks for any help!

pc123 wrote:

I have the SMP with a 2tb hard drive attached via USB.  Media library is turned on.

My movies are each in a separate folder with VOB structure.

If I delete the folder using the SMP delete function, sometimes it deletes the contents of the folder, but not the folder itself, so I end up with an empy folder.  Other times, it doesn’t delete anything.  Still other times, it does the delete, but doesn’t update the media listing so I still see the movie listed, but there is nothing to play.

I have also tried deleting the folder from File Explorer on my desktop PC.  That always deletes the folder and its contents, but many times the movies will still be listed in the SMP’s media list.

I find all of this inconsistent and have to resort to restarting the SMP, and sometimes I have to eject the hard drive to get everything synched up again.

Is there something I am missing  that would make deletes work properly?

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried clearing the media library?

I have my usb hdd connected to my SMP and showing on my pc as a network drive, I delete files thruough the pc so that I can delete the “hidden” .wd_tv folder  on the usb hdd that seems to cache data for the SMP even after I have cleared the library.

Cheers

I had this problem last night.  After deleting a folder and contents using “Options”, the SMP did not recognize that I had deleted everything and ‘thought’ the folder was still there.

In options I used “Rescan” and then it realized the folder had gone.

I’ll give that “rescan” a try next time it happens.

This seems to happen frequently enough that I am hoping that I don’t have to delete and rebuild the media library repeatedly.