Home page temperature

Does the box need to be ‘on’ in order for the temp to be updated? I always have to go into the weather app in order to get latest temp on screen and yes I shut down the box with remote.

EDIT: Left it on for a couple hours and it did not update.

Hello,

The applications updates the information when you open it to avoid consuming the network resources.

So it only updates it when you go into the App?

Bit pointless having on screen if does not update automatically. I have not tested it but I’m sure it does update over time even if its each day.

Ok so silly question but my temperature has gone missing on the homescreen!

Has my weatherman resigned?? :laughing:

Have you reset the player if so you will need to set up AccuWeather again.

Yes I’ve reset it almost daily in the last three weeks, thankfully though the previous firmware is working better for me.

Thanks chap!

My temperature on home screen never updates, no matter how long I leave the box on.

I’m wondering if it’s perhaps because I’m still at 1.14.09.  Does anyone know?

Does anyone think if I upgrade to 1.16.13 it would help with this or any other issues?  I read through the release notes, but nothing in there stuck out at me, but I also know they don’t put all enhancements into the notes.

Wondering if other things might work smoother at 1.16.13, compared to 1.14.09?  FF and rewind seem a bit choppy right now.

Any advice appreciated.

Well I’ll answer my own question.

I noticed the response time was getting worse and worse, sometimes it would take several minutes from the time I pressed the remote until a response occurred.

So I turned off the box completely and restarted.  Now it’s responding quickly again, and as a side benefit, the temperature is updating itself.

I guess the lesson learned is, it needs to be turned off completely once in a while.