"Home" folder not shown / Max OS X

Hello all,
yesterday I installed a WD EX4, created a few users and everything seems to be fine. No I have a (strange) problem. “My” folder named “mgamer” for the user “mgamer” (that´s me") is not shown in the finder when I connect to the WD NAS, the public folders are shown. The permissions are correctly set, so I should have access o the folder “mgamer”.
Creating a test user who has access to folder mgamer this user can access the folder. Can anyone give me a int how to fix this?

Greetings from Germany

Mike

Hello, welcome to the community.

Mac has a feature that when you connect to a network device from the finder it will connect as “Guest”. When you open the My Cloud from the finder on the top right you should have an option that says “Connect As…” Click on it and fill the information for the user that was created on the dashboard.

Hello Iluna,

thank you for the reply. I know about this Mac “feature” to get a login as “guest”. But this is not the problem here. I disconnected as guest and re-connected as mgamer: no files there: disconnected mgamer and connected as test: everything is fine. I gave the user test access to “my” mgamer-root-directory (see the enclosed screenshots.

Greetings from Germany

Mike

Michael Gamer
Zur Römerbrücke 19
63456 Hanau

Telefon: 06181 663363
Fax: 06181 663362
mobil: 0176 430 99707
Mail: mg@michaelgamer.de

home: www.michaelgamer.de