HGST ! FAIL ! Should I Worry?

After few hours of data transfer ( I found corrupted files, luckily I’ve backups ), Pending Sector Count has increased from 1584 to 3952. I decided to do full formatting in order to force the hard drive to check bad sectors. Now, the drive has 196 reallocated sectors. And the smart checkers are red blinking… This new drive seems long term unreliable to store sensible files… so I decided to send it back while I can and order something else.

Case closed.

1 Like

I know it’s much time passed since last post but it seems I’m getting the same problems like a year later.

Did you got any information what this “Status 07 Checkpoint 03” want to tell us?

I wonder a little why CrystalDisk gets S.M.A.R.T. status while my controller didn’t get it. But I guess I will try to send it back and get a new one like you did too. :frowning:

Result of scan:

And it continues… today the replacement one arrived. It only produces two times a strange sound after spin up and didn’t talk to host system. I guess the quality assurance did fail here completely :frowning: