First apologies for this rather basic email but I can’t seem to understand or figure out the answeres for myself. Here are my questions:
1. I can’t understand the diff between the expander line and the Live player plus…is it simply a matter of one has storage and the other doesn’t?
2. I have all sorts of movies on my PC…some are PAL…some are NTSC…some are DIVX…some are HD…none yer are blu ray but I intend to get them…some are AVI…some are MPG…there are others as well but these are the most common…they have been downloaded from the internet. Can the Live Player Plus handle these movies? Can the Expander handle these movies?
3. I have a Sony 60" 1080p…I assume the output of either player can provide HDMI?
4. Can the player access these files from the PC’s hard drive via my wireless router or would I need to connect a storage device (such as a USB drive) in order to have the player play them?
5. Is there some sort of Windows Explorer or equivalent to search for files? If not, how do I select one of the many movies I have in folders?
6. Another file format question…can either player play movies that are in ISO format or do I need to extract them to VOB files first?
I am eager to get one of these players…it seems that for the cost, it would be soooooo convenient to watch movies using one of these devises rather than what I do now…convert from the many formats to an NTSC VOB files then burn DVDs !
Thank you in advance.