Help with Movie thumb/cover

Hi all,
Hope you can understand what Im trying to get across I tend woffle on a bit but
I am trying to get this silly machine to work the way I want and its not playing nice…

I am running a hardrive filled with Movies through network shares on my PC with a WiFi connection, the WDTV detects the drive with no issue, so far its working great never had a video stutter and can get online connect without any issues…

I would like to be able to just see thumbs/cover views of Movies/TV shows in gallery and there  metadata info… (NO movie sheets or extras just those two things)…

I have tried the built in SMP metadata thing for info and it has so far only found 2 movies so I gave up on that and used Thumbgen to get the info and thumbs

My hubby and I have failing eyesight and the background pics from fanart and movie sheets make the writing just to hard to read so I opted for the Anodized theme with no background pics (nice and clean and easy to navigate)

I have sucessfully made a few folder jpegs in Photoshop for genre etc and they show up fine…

At the moment I am able to see Metadata/Movie info on the player but I just cant get the thumbs to show.When I run Thumbgen it creates these 3 files in the movie folder

movie name.xml
movie name_cover.jpg
movie name_thumb.jpg

What I’ve tried so far is to reboot the WDTV pulled the plug, rescan Folders
with no luck. Ive turned on My Media Library and also tried with it off.

So can anyone tell me what proceedure in thumbgen am I missing to get the WDTV to see the thumbs/cover pics

I will post an xml File it has created for one of my videos and maybe that will shed some light on the problem

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Death at a Funeral   Death at a Funeral           Chaos ensues when a man tries to expose a dark secret regarding a recently deceased patriarch of a dysfunctional British family.   2007-02-12   Chaos ensues when a man tries to expose a dark secret regarding a recently deceased patriarch of a dysfunctional British family.   90   [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neCY4hh1wJg](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neCY4hh1wJg)   7.3   R   tt0795368   R   Comedy   Drama   Foreign   Matthew Macfadyen/Keeley Hawes/Andy Nyman/Ewen Bremner/Daisy Donovan/Peter Vaughan/Jane Asher/Peter Dinklage/Peter Egan/Rupert Graves/Kris Marshall/Alan Tudyk   Matthew Macfadyen/Keeley Hawes/Andy Nyman/Ewen Bremner/Daisy Donovan/Peter Vaughan/Jane Asher/Peter Dinklage/Peter Egan/Rupert Graves/Kris Marshall/Alan Tudyk   Frank Oz   Target Media Entertainment   VIP 2 Medienfonds   VIP 1 Medienfonds   Parabolic Pictures   Sidney Kimmel Entertainment   Stable Way Entertainment     Death At A Funeral (2007).avi   N/A

Thanks heaps for any help you can give me it very much appreciated

thumbnail for movie should be named like the movie

exmaple

Batman.mkv - this is a movie

Batman.jpg - this is a thumbnail

for folders, use folder.jpg

sounds like you don’t have thumbgen set up correctly

The links to trailers don’t work do they? I can’t see that working considering chrome can’t use flash and the youtube apps would be needed.

Baconnaise wrote:

The links to trailers don’t work do they? I can’t see that working considering chrome can’t use flash and the youtube apps would be needed.

Can you explain that a bit more?

The WDTV browser doesn’t support flash as I assume it can’t be installed or some other reason. You can open chrome but not utilize a flash website like own3d or twitch etc.  Links to trailers seem unlikely to work unless it triggered one of the youtube apps.

Well the XML files created by get content normally include the link to a YouTube trailer and they play OK via the player. The built in browser is not used for anything.

It does look like the trailer is played directly through the YouTube app as you can press options on it and like / favour it etc.

That’s what I wanted to know as I haven’t bothered with it. Yea the browser is sort of useless to folks ;p.