HELP! "WD Anywhere Backup cannot be run under this version of Windows"

OK, I bought a WD MyBook as a network drive to back up my new PC in 2011 mainly because of the advertised backup and restore software.  It has been faithfully backing up my PC since then.  Now my PC hard drive is failing and I want to restore my entire drive to a new drive.  When I click on restore I get the above message.  When I check for updates it says there are no available updates. 

WD Anywhere Backup version 3.50.4592

Computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium

I presume I need to download new software, but which version?

Jwood1,

WD Anywhere Backup supports Microsoft Windows 7 if updated to the latest 4.50.x release directly from the following link:

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=117&sid=87&lang=en

1 Like

Hello,

I downloaded the version proposed and install it. When WD Anywhere backup start a receive a error whith an exeption event.

It doesn’t solve my problem : with version 3.50.4592 backup runs good by restore doesn’t recognize window7 as aperationg system. My device is a My Book World Edition.

Any suggestion will be appréciate.

Tanks in advance,

Roland

Roland.Piette wrote:

Hello,

I downloaded the version proposed and install it. When WD Anywhere backup start a receive a error whith an exeption event.

It doesn’t solve my problem : with version 3.50.4592 backup runs good by restore doesn’t recognize window7 as aperationg system. My device is a My Book World Edition.

Any suggestion will be appréciate.

Tanks in advance,

Roland

DON’T Hijack threads with different problems.

IF WDAB can’t run on its own then it’s unstable on your system and nothing can be done about it if you already ran a defrag and a registry clean-up. WDAD works even with non-WD drives and should just -open- if the system is stable.