Help please - Back Up from My Book Live

Hi All,

I’ve just had a problem with my HP lap top which meant it had to be replaced! Unfortunately I haven’t backed up onto my external hard drive for a few months! However, My son-in-law (then) installed a WD My Book Live drive on my home network back in 2011 and as far as I understand it has been backing up my laptop in real time ever since? It is certainly working from what I can see in terms of flashing lights. Note that I am not too technical unfortunately. As far as I can remember, although its some time since I did it, I used to be able to see the back up files online to confirm that it was fully backing up the files in real time.

As I have lost everything on my old laptop I don’t know exactly what software was used to access these files let alone how to restore them to my new laptop.

I can see the WD drive listed as a network drive on my new laptop as I remembered the password and could log into it. It shows the following information: Settings; Users; Shares; Safepoints; Support and within the Shares sub heading it shows: Public - 200.8GB//2.00TB; Back up - 116.5Gb/2.00TB; All My Docs - 0Gb/2.00TB; Smartware - 546.2Gb/2.00TB; Time Machine Back Up - 0Gb/2.00TB and Time Machine - 0Gb/2.00Tb.

Unfortunately I have no idea if I can access the files and if I can how I can copy them back to my new lap top. To make matters worse I have no contact anymore with my ex-son-in-law and don’t really know what to do next.

If anyone can help I’d be eternally grateful!

Thanks for any suggestions in the right direction!

Cheers

Bill

Hello, wallacebill

Well, Yes you can definitely recover the files from the NAS drive, As you can see that the Smartware software is used to make the backup of the data on the NAS, you can use the same software to restore the data on it.
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13228

Moreover, if you face any issue then you can try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support