Got reply from Customer Service and spent today trying to figure out.
- reset MBL and connected to computer ethernet port
- mapping did not find the drive (item 6, mannually mapping the drive)
- now folders became innacessible, both through windows and wd2go app
Here’s the reply:
Since you mentioned that you are unable to login, you may reset the drive to its default settings. Pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. Resetting does not erase your files.
Please follow the instructions below to reset the device using the reset button:
Do not move the unit while it is turned on. If you do not have access to the back of the unit, unplug the drive from the power source, turn the drive around so you do have access, and then plug the drive in again.
1. With the device powered on, insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the reset button slot on the back of the unit.
2. Press and hold down the reset button for four seconds. The device reboots (this may take up to three minutes).
After resetting the drive, you may need to map it again. Please follow these steps to manually map the drive:
1. Connect the device directly to the computer’s Ethernet port.
2. Double-click (My) Computer.
3. Click My Network Places.
4. On the Tools menu, point to Map Network Drive.
5. Leave the drive set to the default letter.
6. In the Folder drop-down list, select \device name\public:
7. Click the Finish button.
8. Go back to the opening window of (My) Computer to view the Public folder of our device under Network Drives.
If Setup or WD SmartWare is unable to detect a My Book Live, then certain network protocols may be blocked on the network or the computer. In those cases, the My Book Live is available through a direct IP or network name connection. If the computer is on a wireless network, connect using an a Ethernet cable and try again. Temporarily disable any computer firewalls, security software, or other networking and retry. Check your local router for any firewalls or security software. If present, please check your router documentation on temporarily disabling the software or configuring the software to allow UPnP or UDP traffic.
These would be the necessary troubleshooting steps