Help! I have to enter WEP passphrase every time I start WDTV Live!

Hi
I’ve been using to my WDTV Live for a while to play video locally and have only recently explored the Wifi/Internet side.

I have connected the player to my Linksys WAG54GS router through a Netgear WN111v2 USB adaptor. I am using the latest 1.04.17 firmware.

When I connect to my Wifi everything works fine. I can access shared folders and also access Youtube/Mediafly etc.

The problem is that every time I start the player I need to go through the network settings. 
The player sees the SSID and I then have to enter the WEP passphrase…every time. I can then go on to connect and it works fine.

I have made this connection my default connection in favorites.

Shouldn’t the player connect automatically when I start it? Or at least let me connect from Wireless favorites.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Max

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Try setting your SSID to BROADCAST mode on your WiFi access point.

Thanks for replies.

I have contacted WD support and have found them very UN-helpful.

They didn’t seem particulary interested as my router is not on their compatible list of devices.

My SSID is broadcasting from the access point.

Thanks again.

Max

…they’d be even less interested if it WERE in the list.  :(

Is WEP the only option available to you?   I’m using WPA2 on mine and it’s working fine  (Cisco/Linksys WUSB600N adapter and Linksys E3000 Access Points.)

Also, if there is more than one “favorite” stored, delete all of them and start over.