Help , Cannot Use the Android Remote app for WDTV Live Streaming

hi guys , kindly help me here … how do i enable my Android Remote app to work with my WDTV Live Streaming ? … i have just downloaded the remote app but still haven’t actually been able to enable it to control my wdtv live streaming player … bummer … kindly help me here :slight_smile:

btw , is there a minimum firmware version of the wdtv live streaming player in order for the Android remote app to work ?

if there is actually a minimum formware version … can you guys please tell me the minimum firmware version …thanks :slight_smile:

have a great day ahead 

1.04 or something. If in doubt, assume you need the latest.

And both your smartphone and the WDTV need to be connected to the same network.

thanks for the reply … but i kinda don’t want to keep on updating on to the latest firmware because as i have read … some new issues are brought up by updating on a newer firmware :slight_smile:  … btw , what is your current firmware version for your wdtv live streaming ?.. is evrything okay with it ? … no issues whatsoever ? :) 

sir , could i possibly connect my external dvd writer onto my wdtv live streaming and be able to play the data disc inside the external dvd  writer hooked onto the wdtv live streaming via usb ? … is that possible ? . what are your thoughts ?

thank you for your time , have a great day ahead :slight_smile:

1.05.18 is the first to support the app.

Get it here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

on the right side

External drive: Probably not. Just try it.

thanks for the reply … will try updating the firmware today , :) 

sir , a follow up question if you may … how can i get my wdtv remote control app on my Samsung Galaxy Note to stream some movies / picture to my flatscreen TV  … kindly advice me on how to do so  

also , is there a way to erase the search history on the Youtube Service of the wdtv live streaming ?

thank you very much for your time 

digimovieslover wrote:

sir , a follow up question if you may … how can i get my wdtv remote control app on my Samsung Galaxy Note to stream some movies / picture to my flatscreen TV  … kindly advice me on how to do so 

Read the manual of the Note, it can do that with the normal video player via the WDTV. I think it’s called “AllShare” or something like that.

oh , hehe … yeah there’s the All Share feature of the Note … :slight_smile: umm , but can the wdtv remote app do it , i mean just using the wdtv remote app by itself ?

also  , is there a way to delete the search history that i have made on the Youtube service of the wdtv live streaming ? 

thanksz a lot for the help sir  :)

1.) No.

2.) No idea.

digimovieslover wrote:

oh , hehe … yeah there’s the All Share feature of the Note … :slight_smile: umm , but can the wdtv remote app do it , i mean just using the wdtv remote app by itself ?

also  , is there a way to delete the search history that i have made on the Youtube service of the wdtv live streaming ? 

thanksz a lot for the help sir  :)

You can delete youtube history by resetting to factory defaults via internal menu.

sir , can you kindly detail on exactly how do i reset to factory default via the internal menu ? :) 

have you personally successfully deleted your youtube search history before sir doing this method ?

and if i reset to factory default , will i lose the updated firmware version that i am on right now ? … which means i have to update the firmware again ?

thank you for your time sir , have a great day ahead 

Nothing happens to the firmware. You will have to input any login information you have to services like youtube, however you could try the reset which does not affect logins.  I have indeed successfully deleted my youtube search history by doing this.

Setup / System / Device Reset / Reset all settings except online accounts or Reset all settings back to factory default.

You could try the first option and if this does not work use the second option.

umm sir , given your two options below for resetting , does either option affect the media library … i guess what i am trying to ask is … the next time i connect my western digital my book essential 2TB to the wdtv live streaming … will it take a long long time again for the wdtv live streaming to make a media library of the 2TB ? 

sir , how long does it take for your wdtv live streaming to load and compile your hard drive … after which you can already watch your movies that are on the hard drive 

thank you for your precious time sir , have a great day ahaed :slight_smile:

I don’t know, but if you want to erase your search history then you reset, if you are worried in anyway or cannot spare the time when don’t do it.

ok , thanks sir … 

btw , can i actually connect my external dvd writer onto the usb port of the wdtv live streaming so that i can play my dvds containing high definition movies via the dvd writer attached to the wdtv live streaming ?

Only one way to find out: Try.

but i’m worried to brick my wdtv live streaming … :cry: … that 's why … 

digimovieslover wrote:

ok , thanks sir … 

btw , can i actually connect my external dvd writer onto the usb port of the wdtv live streaming so that i can play my dvds containing high definition movies via the dvd writer attached to the wdtv live streaming ?

No.

digimovieslover wrote:

but i’m worried to brick my wdtv live streaming … :cry: … that 's why … 

Why would you brick any device but just attaching a usb-device? Either it works or it doesn’t.

well , i don’t know … i was just thinking that i might brick the wdtv live streaming by attaching an external dvd writer , hehe :slight_smile: … because it is not a usual external hard drive that normally connects to the wdtv live streaming , :slight_smile: