Help Accessing Plex Files on MyCloud PR2100

Hello,

I’ve been searching the forums and the help section to solve what I’m sure is a very basic noob question. Where do I find the flex files aka how do I see the files on a MyCloud PR2100 so I can install my old files on top of them to create a new server?

The Full Situation and Background:
My setup was on a Mac Mini running (Late 2014 OSX Yosemite) Plex as my server there. I now have moved my files over to a WD MyCloud PR2100 and want to run that as my new server. I found the Plex files on my Mac and copied them. For the life of me I can’t find the Plex files on the Nas to copy them over the top as the directions state. This help page tells me where they are located. Where is the Plex Media Server data directory located? | Plex Support.
Supposedly right here… /mnt/HD/HD_a2/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/

The challenge I have is what do I do with that or where do I search to locate that command line? I just need the directions on that piece to find the files now that I know where they are located. I’ve searched in the MC interface, I’ve searched on my mac, I’ve searched where the shared files are stored etc? What am I missing and can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for reading.

Hey @nickkallis, I hope I can help you out. You do have the right directory, however, WD will not let you access that directory via the web UI or even FTP (I wish there was an “I know what I’m doing” button that would give you access to the whole file system, but sadly, there isn’t… yet :wink:). SSH provides the easiest path to access all files and directories, however, it doesn’t have native file transfer. For that, we’ll turn to SCP. If you have access to a Windows machine on your network, then I highly recommend WinSCP, as it’s basically the gold standard. Since you mentioned having a Mac Mini setup (great little machines BTW), if you only have access to OSX then you should be able to get away with using Fugu (I don’t currently have OSX up and running at the moment, however, it came highly recommended as an alternative).

If not already enabled, you are going to want to log into your NAS’ web UI, go to Settings, Network and then enable SSH (note that you can set a password here but not a username; it forces you to use “sshd”). You should now be able to open a SCP connection using the client meant for your platform by logging in with the NAS’ IP/hostname, sshd and the password you created. From there you should be able to go to the directory with the current Plex config and overwrite the files you had previously (note, I would recommend stopping Plex first from the web UI and then starting it up again after files have been transferred just so that nothing is locked or gets corrupted in the process).