HDMI output does not work

Do you people read before asking a question ???

It’s been answered on top even with pics ! 

It works!!! CUT 2 ml of the plastic(NOT THE CONECTOR!!!) and the conector itself becomes larger, therefore plugin deeper into the WD and it works!!!, i used a craft knife, the one to cut boxes about a $1-$3 depending on brand. im using a $10 dollar hdmi 1.3 cable made in china lol. what a crazy and jet efective solution to this uncomon problem. Wd should be ashamed about this issue. Cutting the plastic is very easy by the way but only 2milimeter, cut any longer and you will loose the conector!! 

1 Like

i did almost everything but still no hdmi out ! When i plug the hdmi cable it detects somehow because after comp. cable screen goes black with hdmi. i cut the 2-3 mm plastic too but still nothing, i guess its about software because everything was working a while ago with this very same hdmi cable ! Do i need to wait for another firmware update or try another hdmi cable type (if there is types of them) ?

Try resetting the box with the Reset button on top - by the side of the USB connector.

Cheers,

Ray D

i did try that like 123.000 times :smiley: but still nothing ! im using component now but cant transfer audio ofcourse ):  İm thinking about changing the unit but if the problem is about firmware nothing will be solved…

Hi there,
The AV connection works fine but when I connect this item to my TV via HDMI the UI is juddering and flashes on and off intermittently.

I tried a differnt HDMI cable and this did not help.
I trimmed the plastic casing at the end of the HDMI cable  a few mm: this did not help either. Neither does unplugging and replugging

Can you advise before I attempt to return this product

Thanks