HDMI blanked out for a second or two

Has anyone have problems with their HDMI blanking out for a quick second while watching a video or streaming Netflix? Once in a while my player would just go blank with noise/snow showing on the screen but it usually comes back on real quick. I’ve never experience this before until lately. I’m almost sure that this is caused by the latest 3.11.10 firmware because I don’t have problems when watching regular cabe tv.

Hello 80sGuy, HDMI cables are really sensitive to dust, if possible try using another HDMI cable. If the problem continues, you can also try rolling back to a previous firmware version. 

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

I replaced the existing AmazonBasics cables with some nice MediaBridge HDMI cables but I don’t think it is helping. When I switched to the WD source from my Denon receiver (and I’m praying that it is not my HT unit) it is now often blank, have to switch more than 2-3 times back and forth for WD to show up.