HDD 1 solid red - how to replace?

Hello, do you want to update the firmware to the latest releases, the result is always the same, pathetic!
I have the HDD1 light solid red. I run the disk test and it reports that both are working correctly, the log instead reports that volume_1 has degraded and that the “drive failed in Bay 1. Replace the fail driver”. The system test says that unit 1 and unit 2 are ok and that the problem is with the fan which is stopped (in fact it is). After a soft reset it now reports that drive 1 is indeed faulty. It took a reset to restore consistency throughout the utility and error handling system…

The drive is set to RAID 1. Bay 1 is at fault so I need to replace the HDD. Now I have the following doubt, is it enough that I insert a new HDD in slot 1 and the system automatically restores the contents of HDD 2 and copies it to the new one?

How can I, if possible do it from the My Cloud Ex2 Ultra menu, format/initialize the hdd that results in fail? I think that if I take it apart and put it on a linux system I will detect the drive… or without bothering linux I can connect it (with a powered external USB device) to my Mac and initialize/format it from there?