HD player used to recognize my external hard drive, now it doesnt

I have two WD HD Players, one is the plus that connects to internet/netflix/youtube, etc…  the other is HD but doesnt connect to the internet.

I have a 2terabyte harddrive that has for months played my movies/tvshows/music no problem on both players,

Now out of no where neither player will recognize that an external USB hard drive has been attached.

I’ve confirmed on two different computers that the hard drive works, the files are there, etc…

I’ve reset both players in various methods, from turning off with the remote control, as well as factory resetting, to the even less appealing hard power off (unplugging power cord)

nothing works…  the frustrating thing is I’ve watched movies/tvshows for months on these players no problem…

the computers are Apple, the hard drive is set up for apple, could that have something to do with it, and if so, why has it all of a sudden decided this drive isn’t legit?

what can I do?

Eeeek!   

The HD wouldn’t happen to be formatted as HFS with JOURNALING would it?

Im sorry, I dont know what that means?

I’m currently trying to find articles regarding “disabling Journaling” but am striking out on the support.wdc.com website,

also dont know the actual programmed innerworkings of that HD, how would i be able to find out if it has journaling or not?

Thank you for your response

ive found several sources saying

“For instructions on how to disable Journaling, see Article #2615 in our knowledge
base at http://support.wdc.com.

but when i go there it gives me a giant error

"

Server Error in ‘/WDSearch’ Application."

wheew panic attack avoided…

journaling was successfully turned off via DiskUtility in Applications>Utilities >FirstAid Tab without losing data…

thanks for writing back, this happened last night, but had to go to bed and work all day till just now, man, i was freaking out…