Hauppauge 950q for Live TV

Recently purchased the Hauppauge 950q tuner for the Live Hub. Bought it for the recording of live TV but there are 2 problems:

1. While recording a show I’m watching, the show becomes very glitchy.  Audio drops out for 1-2 seconds, screen blurs and skips.

2. The files of the recorded shows show all of the glitches that happened during the live recording.

Is there a fix on the way for this?  I’d love to utilize the recording to get clean, crisp and clear HD quality files just like any cable company DVR would produce…

Specs:

1. Firmware - 3.08.14

2. Hardware - Hauppauge 950q tuner in usb port recording to internal drive. Also, a 1TB external drive is plugged into the other usb port. HDMI cable. Ethernet cable.

3. Yes, it happens every time.

4. Haven’t tried previous firmware because I believe it doesn’t support TV tuners.  Am I right?  Should I try a beta firmware release?

5. Power cycling does not solve the issue.

6. Hauppage versions during launch of program:  v1.1.0.30263 and 1.0.3741.30272

One other small issue is that if Live TV is the first thing I turn on when powering up the WD Live Hub, audio doesn’t work.  I have to play a video that is stored on the internal or external drive first and then go to Live TV for audio to work.

Hi, I haven’t used USB tuners yet, but to be sure if the problem is being caused by the WDTV or the USB turner, you could try another brand or model.