Has anyone had this problem before?

I just got a WD Live Plus from a friend of mine to watch movies on my HD and on Netflix. He suggested to me that i should do a firmware update when i got it from him so i did so and it updated to the newest version BUT it erased my Netflix button in the menu after i did that update …

Does anyone know how i can get it back ? Any help would be great because i got it mainly to use with netflix, without it i will not be using it very much at all :cry:

Thanks in advance :smiley:

-Curt

No, it’s just in a different place…  It’s under Internet Services…

If you mean the Internet Media section (i dont have anything named internet services),  then nope not there either . I checked every button to see if it was moved to a different location and its gone.

The only thing in the internet media section is

Weather, deezer, facebook, flicker, flingo, live365, medafly, pandora, tune in and you tube.

I know i had it because i watched a movie on it the day before i did the firmware update. Once i did that update it erased the netflix button…

Check http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-or-wd-tv-live

If the newer don’t work try 1.02.21. That was the only one that worked for me after upgrading to 1.06.15

Miguel_cruz wrote:

Check http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hd-media-player-or-wd-tv-live

If the newer don’t work try 1.02.21. That was the only one that worked for me after upgrading to 1.06.15

Rollbacks are possible, but there’s no version 1.02 anything for the Live Plus…

Can you go into SETUP / ABOUT and list everything it says there?

I do not have a option for Setup/About .  Maybe that is something else that got removed when i did the update ?

WD Tech support told me to do the following.

_ I apologize for the difficulty. The Firmware update should not cause any icon to _
_ disappear from your on-screen menu. Please try the following troubleshooting _
_ steps below: _

_ 1. Power cycle - Kindly unplug and plug your device _
_ 2. _
_ Rest your media player - The Reset Button is located on the side of your Media _
Player (beside the USB port). Press the button for one (1) second to reset to
_ factory defaults. Press and hold 10 seconds _
_ to toggle between NTSC and PAL. _
_ Use a fine-tipped stylus or the unfolded end of a paperclip to press the reset _
_ switch _

None of this helped the problem . So i dunno what there update did to my box but it did make icons vanish. I dunno what to do now.

primularchangel wrote:

I do not have a option for Setup/About .  Maybe that is something else that got removed when i did the update ?

Doubtful.

It might be called SETTINGS or whatever, but it is certainly there…

The path on a WDTV Live is (from the main screen) Settings>System settingd>About

i do have that .it says

firmware version 1.06.15_V

Part Number WDAAN0000NBK

Serial Number [Deleted]

Thats all.

Both the FIRMWARE VERSION and the PART NUMBER indicate you have the LIVE, not the LIVE PLUS.

Don’t know how you ever had NetFlix to begin with, but you’re not supposed to…

Only the LIVE PLUS supports NetFlix.

You have a Live not a Live+. Part Number and Firmware version confirms this.

You have never had Netflix and never will. Unless of course you were accessing Netflix through Playon.tv server. If that is the case then you need to figure out what the problem is with Playon.tv.

How come when i type in the part nuber on the WD site im told its a WD TV LIVE PLUS HD MEDIA PLAYER ?

Dont tell me i never had netflix on this and never will lol because i watched a movie on netflix the day before i did the firmware update. Ill have to ask my friend who i got the box from, maybe he had a hacked box or something. If he did i want it hacked it again or my money back for it.

Well I am sorry to tell you but the 1.06.15_V firmware will only run on a Live.

And I could not get any results searching on the WD site for WDAAN0000NBK. The actual part number is WDBAAN0000NBK. Look at the product/conformance label on the side of the device.

primularchangel wrote:

How come when i type in the part nuber on the WD site im told its a WD TV LIVE PLUS HD MEDIA PLAYER ?

I have no idea.  Where are you typing that number?

WDAAN0000NBK isn’t a valid part number at all.

WD B AAN0000NBK is a WDTV Live.

All of the WDTV Live PLUS’s are:  

WDBREC0000NBK

WDBG3A0000

or 

WDBABX0000NBK

>>>  maybe he had a hacked box or something.

Very unlikely…  The Live doesn’t have the required HARDWARE to play NetFlix.   Can’t be added with a software Hack.

@TonyPh12345 - you are correct, but the About screen on the Live omits the B in the part number. You have to look at the product/conformance label on the side of the device to get the true part number.

parnott100 wrote:

@TonyPh12345 - you are correct, but the About screen on the Live omits the B in the part number…

Interesting!!  I never noticed that…   :slight_smile:

WDBABX0000NBK is the number on the side

… Call WD back and tell them that you installed the wrong firmware on the wrong box.

[Deleted] so i installed the wrong firmware?

Apparently… Though it’s not supposed to be possible… The WDs check the firmware before installing, so you must have a very special box.