Hardly able to access to my cloud after tonight auto update

Hi Guys, I’m having some serious issue here with my cloud tonight.

I was watching movie from “my cloud” file, then the movie stopped and I can’t access to the “my cloud” folder. The blue light at the front of the “my cloud” was blinking. After maybe around 15 minutes I received a push message from my mobile my cloud app saying “my cloud” device update to the latest firmware.
Then I started having trouble access to the “my cloud” folder from my computer, I can open maybe a few folders inside, or open a few photos, but the speed is very very very slow, and most of the time I can’t access to them at all. I can’t access to my movie folder or any other large file folder at all, it just kept loading loading and loading…I tried reset the device (push the little hole at the back for a few seconds), but still not working. The web or app access were also not working…

I highly doubt that the update caused issue, is there anyway I can redo the firmware update? or maybe reverse the update? Am I still be able to keep all the files safe?

@GDkid1412
The WDMYCLOUD 1st generation OS3 no longer gets updates and doesn’t have access to the internet anymore. It can be used on your home network.

What WD device do you own?

TRUE. . . . .OS/3 devices are no longer being updated.

If you have a device running OS/5, it may well have gotten an automatic firmware update (if you allow these units to do that. . .it is the default). If that happened; the unit could well have decided to “index” your drive. Indexing could easily knacker your drive for several days.

Luckily the driver went back to work after 1 day. I think you are correct, the unit “index” itself after the automatic firmware update…

Few things more evil than the OS/5 index process.

Primary reason that I ditched the software (I reverted to OS/3 - - and got the devices off the internet)

auto firmware update would be evil number two :slight_smile: