Hard Drive not recognized after antivirus scan

I scanned my 3TB Seagate hard drive using McAfee Livesafe on a computer running Windows 10. Since that time my WDTV does not see the hard drive but it does see the USB flash drive. I’ve tried numerous fixes with no luck. I’ve followed some recommendations from the community, i.e. the hard drive is visible on the PC and I deleted WD.TV folder on both USB and Hard drive. I have not formatted the hard drive because I have approx.2.7 TBs of movies on it that I do not want to loose. Any suggestions would be most welcomed…

chkdsk ?

Joey I ran chkdsk on Windows 10 computer and no errors were found on Hard drive?

I’m not media streaming . The hard drive is connected directly yo the media player.

Dunno what the problem is then … all of my Western Digital HDD’s ( 1TB, 3TB ,4TB ) work fine on all my WDTV’s.

I would suggest maybe a Re-Format … but as you don’t wanna lose 2.7TB of Movies that’s not an option.

But i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you should Always keep a back-up of your Important Data.

(my 1TB, 3TB, 4TB drives data is backed up onto another 1TB, 3TB, 4TB… always have at least “2” of everything )

Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu
Select Search
Type-in cmd
Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results listcmd
Click Run as administrator
When Command Prompt launches, type the command:
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are:

/f option will attempt to fix any found errors

/r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information

/x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan

If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Sources: https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#CHKDSK_in_Windows_10

Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu
Select Search
Type-in cmd
Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results listcmd
Click Run as administrator
When Command Prompt launches, type the command:
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
The parameters for this command are:

/f option will attempt to fix any found errors

/r option will locate for bad sectors and recovery any readable information

/x option will force the volume you’re about to check to be dismounted before the utility begins a scan

If the C: drive is in use, type Y to run a scan at your PC’s next restart. If so, exit Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Sources: http://errorscode.snack.ws