Hard disk starts working often, even if I haven't used

The hard disk starts working often, even if I don’t access the “cloud” for a long time. Why? So it doesn’t go bad? Plus it’s noisy when it’s running. Is it possible to set differently?

Not possible for a reader to know what apps you are running in your My Cloud Home (MCH) as you are the one who installed it. It could be multiple users on the MCH, or Plex users, it could be DLNA or SONOS, or Google drive, Dropbox, Elephant drive, mobile apps on iOS, Android, other sync tasks to the local access from Windows or macOS.

As this old thread showed, a MCH owner could always shut down the MCH remotely and turn it back on remotely with a smart switch and an app:

I purchased and installed My Cloud a few days ago and I’m only using the app on my iPhone and I haven’t connected any services (Google Drive, Dropbox etc.), nor Plex, Sonos etc., so the hard disk activates for no reason apparent. I also deactivated “Local Network” in the app settings, but nothing. Then I don’t understand this possibility that you are telling me “…mobile apps on iOS…”. What other app should activate My Cloud? No offense, but I would like a more technical and precise answer than a far-fetched one. Thank you

Wait for the indexing to stop if that is your problem with the hard disk chatter. There is no method to control the speed or duration of the indexing function in the MCH and it could take days depending on the amount of data copied.

The ‘My Cloud’ as you wrote is a different unit than the My Cloud Home. If that is the case in your statement, you should head over to the OS5 forum and repeat your inquiry or file a support ticket.

Should you come up with a more detail description of the problem, you should submit a support case ticket with WDT support instead of a two line description in your original post.