H264 MP4 sound sync and choppy video

As mentioned in another thread, players like VLC are optimized to play even bad files in ways hardware players like the LIVE (which is quite picky about spec compliance) never could. When I remuxed your wtv to TS with Remuxtool (also read the comments in this thread), it ran fine on the WDTV but I could not extract the audio stream to manually create an MP4 from it. Converting with MC-TVConverter created a new MP4 that also ran fine on the WDTV but conversion took so long, it would appear the tool is re-encoding the file rather than just putting it into another container.

Since my self-made MP4s and those downloaded from YouTube are all in sync, I think it’s possible your wtv files aren’t authored properly. The question is, what do do about it. If you can’t record to another container (or other codecs inside) you might wanna rely on converting those files to mkv or m2ts. MKV is the more modern, flexible container but lately there have been some issues that are not yet fixed so m2ts might be the better container for the time being.