Graboid

Does anyone know if i can download Graboid video directly to the  hard drive?   Am i only able to DL content from the apps already installed?  Thanks…

You can’t download anything. However if mean streaming, then you can only stream from the apps already installed

Rich is correct that you can’t download using the WDTV Live, and can only stream from supported services.

But if the question is can you run the Graboid app on your PC and download the videos to a hard drive and then play the downloaded videos back with the WDTV Live, then that all depends on what file(s) you download.

Since Graboid doesn’t host the media, and only links to media stored elsewhere, downloading through Graboid shouldn’t be any different than bypassing Graboid and downloading directly from the hoster.  If it’s a supported file it will play; if it’s not a supported file, it won’t.

I do that already, download content with graboid then hook my portable hard drive or even a  flash drive up too the wd media player.  Just thought would be awesome to directly download content right to the wd tv live player and by pass the middle man so to say…

You could check the “Ideas Lab” and see if it’s already been suggested.  If it has, you could vote for it; if it hasn’t you could always suggest it.

There’s no guarantees that WD would ever add it to future releases, but if they never even see the suggestion, it’s unlikely they’d consider it.

thanks for the suggestions, I do see this has file sharing so it still might eliminate the middle guy.  If i understand correctly it could view files from another PC…

Yes, one can download movies from Graboid to a PC harddrive. You can even download the movie to an external harddrive connected to the WDTV Live.

think this is what i am asking how to do… You can even download the movie to an external harddrive connected to the WDTV Live.

coacher wrote:

think this is what i am asking how to do… You can even download the movie to an external harddrive connected to the WDTV Live.

You can’t use the WDTV to download a movie to your hard drive. However you can use your PC to download a movie to the drive connected to your WDTV.