Going to thuck this thing

Having issues accessing twonky viw http://drivename:9000 Just times out on me. Would like to update to the latest twonky via a mac, any advice?

Sounds like a firewall issue based on the limited description you provided. What kind of router do you have?

You might want to try to (very temporarily) disable the firewall on the router and test to see if it works (than turn it right back on) - if it does work you will need to adjust the firewalls settings to allow the drive to work.  Have you verified port 9000 is not blocked?

Thanks Advark!

Using an apple airport extreme as my router. I can access the drive user interface but not twonky, just brings me to a connection error screen. WIll try to change firewall settings.

friggy31 wrote:

Thanks Advark!

Using an apple airport extreme as my router. I can access the drive user interface but not twonky, just brings me to a connection error screen. WIll try to change firewall settings.

Just wanted to add that Apple is TERRIBLE at making routers- you might want to consider switching to a dlink, belkin, or netgear…