Giving access to friends/colleagues

I haven’t got a WD My Cloud drive. Whether I get one depends on how easy it is to do the following operation.

Typically I need to get a large file to someone, or someone might need to send me a large file. There are various services for transferring large files, but for one reason or another I have found them unsatisfactory.

What would be involved in giving someone temporary access to part of My Cloud so that they could either download a file or upload a file? If it’s a lot of trouble, there’s no advantage over my current methods.

Thanks

Allan

It would typically go something like this: 

1.  You make a user account on the My Cloud with remote access (username, password, and email). 

1. Make a shared folder on the My Cloud and give whatever user you want read/write permission. 

3.  Tell whoever to goto wd2go.com (remote access website) and login via email / password what you setup in step 1.

4.  User logs in, clicks on device > view shares > open in explorer

5.  When they click open in explorer, it will map the shared folder (step 2) to Windows Explorer.  From there they can read/write whatever files to that share.

Note - The access speeds of that share is determined by the network connection of the network where the My Cloud is connected to.

Many thanks. That’s very helpful.

Allan